Thursday, August 21, 2008

40 Years and Counting

Well, I am at 40 years and counting as of today. It has been a good half life for the most part. Oh, there have been challenges and changes to be sure. The last 18 months have been full of both, I must admit.

I have to say though, I am mostly happy. Happy with who I have chosen to become. I know it isn't popular to think that we choose to be who we are. It is easier and more convenient to claim that our circumstances make us who we are. I have never opted for easier and more convenient though.

I like accountability and responsibility. I like working with the powers that be, rather than for them. I would rather act than be acted upon. To be sure, I coast from time to time, we all do. For the most part though, I am the Leo I was born to be.

The next forty years will be better than the last to be sure. I won't waste the first 25 of them deciding who I want to be. I know who I am and who I want to be when I finally take flight from this rock.

I hope those who read this will take the lesson from it. I wish all those folks who would rather tear down the ones who work, the ones who have earned what they have, would take note. There are a few of us, a handful who know who we are and accept it. Know that we are strong, we are powerful, and we will not be put down.

(That last bit was for my sister in the craft and the spirit.One of these days Sis we need to do a Queening for me. Or maybe a Princessing... one Queen may be enough lol.)

Anyway I love some of you and like most of you. The rest just make me laugh! I will let you all decide who is who.

Love and Light

2 comments:

shiny said...

Totally agree with choosing who to become. I only wish I knew who that was! But I'm an actor too (as opposed to a coaster), I've been known to put people off for being so, er, strong-willed. (I'm a Leo too.)

Rev. Kimberly Rich said...

LOL! I can relate to putting people off. I really believe that those folks who either don't know who they are or don't like who they get intimidated by those of us who are truely comfortable in our own skins.