Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lightning Bugs and Butterflies

I have been having quite a few encounters with these little creatures lately. It has led me to do some thinking about them and what they mean in my life right now.

Some folks know that I follow a path that includes signs and omens as well as totem animals. The sudden increase in interaction with new animals, or on this case bugs, always gets my attention.

Lightning bugs bring the energy of epiphany, a sudden knowing or insight. They also have the habit of allowing you to focus on things that have always been but have remained hidden in the darkness. I would say I have been having quite a few “Oh!” moments lately. I keep getting little bits of truth and wisdom about myself and the world around me. I would have to say this little bug is doing its job splendidly.

The Butterfly brings in the energy of a transformation toward beauty. I have been working on my physical body of late. I have a prayer that I say. One of the lines from that prayer says, “ A healthy priestess makes all things sound.” I was not healthy and I was not sound. I was and am considered morbidly obese. I have however been taking steps to correct this. I have, as of two days ago, lost a third of what I need to lose to be a healthy weight for me. I have to say to my surprise and without undo ego that I am actually getting pretty as I slim down. The best part though isn’t how I look, but rather, how I feel. I am transforming into something of beauty. Again, I have to say this little bug is certainly giving its share of blessings to me.

Sometimes little things really do matter. It pays to pay attention to them.

3 comments:

Indeterminacy said...

I've always considered you a very beautiful person.

As for lightning bugs, I miss the warm summer evenings in Ohio, cooled somewhat from the sweltering day, and the lightning bugs flying and flashing everywhere. Those are the nicest memories. No lightning bugs in Europe, and the warm summer evenings seem rather cold.

Anonymous said...

Lady, I love your profile =)! I reckon I'll have a great time visiting this blog.

cheers.

Rev. Kimberly Rich said...

Thank you so much San!!