Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Stagehand

I was talking to a dear friend, Inde of Synchronicity of Indeterminacy. You will find that to be the only link in my sidebar. We were discussing how we helped each other years ago to become pretty popular bloggers. This brought up some interesting thoughts for me.

I am not a star but a stagehand. That has always been the case with me, even back in high school theater. I am the gal who makes sure the lighting is just right, the sound is perfect and the stage is set. This allows the stars to go out and shine. I think it is a really great situation for me.

Some would say it is odd behavior for a Leo. I don't think so. Leos love to share the spotlight. For me, the joy really comes when someone thanks me for helping them. They get to reach a goal, and I get to watch the fruits of their labor (and sometimes my own) ripen.

Is this an ego trip? No, I think it would be an ego trip if I were taking credit for the work they did. Is it some sort of co-dependency? Again, unless supporting someone with a dream and talent is co-dependent, I don't think so.

I think some folks are put here to be in the spotlight and some are meant to hold that light in place. I hold the light and I shine it brightly on those who will allow me to do so.

It is a good life, one filled with reward.